Sunday, April 10, 2011

Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana

This was a delicious soup! I set out on this adventure for a friend so I didn't have a recipe for it so I googled it.

1 LB Italian Sausage
2 large russet baking potatoes cut into squares
1 large onion
1/2 can bacon bit
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups Swiss Chard
2 cans Chicken Broth
1 quart of water
1 cup heavy cream

Cook sausage in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes
Drain sausages on paper towels and cut into slices
Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pan cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
Add sausage and bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste
Simmer for another ten minutes
turn to low heat
Add Swiss Chard and cream
Heat through and serve

Like I said before I set out to do this for a friend so I technically never did try it and had no idea what it's suppose to taste like. I will make it for her at some point and I'm sure she will give me her opinion but I loved it regardless. My husband even had seconds! I had never had swiss chard but it honestly doesn't have a strong taste to me so kids may even like it too! If anyone tries this at home let me know what you thought.



0 comments: