Friday, August 28, 2009

Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family.

So, by the quoe i put up you might think I have a announcement of some kind of child well I don't. I haven't updated this in quite some time and you shoul probably get use to it. I do have these thoughts and feelings once in a while that I would like to put out so I can remember them some how. Well I started one of my classes today, Intro To Human Services. I'm studying to become a social worker and have finally hit the classes I actually care about. Anyways, my teacher was talking about how politics and social work combine and we would be learning about poliics as well and combining the two. Call me crazy because maybe I should have expected it but I didn't. My husband will be thrilled as he loves politics. However, in my mind was wondering what the hell do the two have in common? Without politics and federal funding how to services stay alive? I don't really volunteer or put money into organizations. How can I really help families without helping the services that help them. I also realized how naive people can be. My proffesor was talking about how so many people hate social services. But when you really sit back and think those same people probably use medicaid or WIC they might even get grants to go to college. They are using social services. This class excites me to go into Social Services. I know that I will get arrogant and righteous people that don't think they need help or people that even get mad at me for doing certain things but helping that one person will make my entire career worthwhile. Well thats all on my thought of the night and it is now past midnight and my cats know it's time to go to sleep. Goodnight all!

0 comments: