So, Welcome to my third deployment! He has in fact left and I am doing okay I'm happy to say. I don't think it has quite hit me that he is gone for a deployment and not an underway and that day will be very sad. I've dealt with a lot since he's left and had a few emails and then he ported and he gave me my boost of confidence I needed and reminded I am not an amateur when it comes to a deployment and if I've done it twice already the third time should be the charm.
My husband has this way of being laid back to the point it's almost contagious and I start thinking if he isn't worried why should I be worried...I've always believed in everything happens for a reason. I also believe I can't stop what is coming so why get all hot and bothered over something I can't change but to just take it one day to the next and trust yourself.
I love my cats and dog and I love my friends and family more than they can believe but the quote I posted is very true. Some days when I wake up and realize my best friend isn't waking up next to me or going to call me just to tell me he loves me and tell me crazy stories the world isn't the same and my home isn't complete and I feel especially lonely that day. Just part of the job description though and hopefully the next day gets much better.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.
Posted by Casey Stine at 4/19/2010 01:29:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment