Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

I know deployment is getting closer when all I think about is deployment. I know myself pretty well and I know when I'm being selfish and right now...I am being selfish. I had a friend ask me tonight about things we can do for our sailors to get them ready for their upcoming deployment. I realized I am not doing a whole lot for my sailor I've been so caught up with myself and how to keep myself busy and making deployment easier for me that I haven't thought about him. I'm a big part of my FRG group and I always tell wives to do lots of talking to their sailors because it can be really stressful after they leave and they think of all these things they should have talked about.

I do lots of talking trust me but I don't know if I've thought a whole lot about him. Last deployment I made him cards to open and the day he left I wrote him a letter and put it in his seabag. I know for the most part what I want to do this time is send him one big box with newspapers and some extra deoderant and stuff, and a USB with pics and music on it and lots and lots of candy.

But like my last post I want to have some goals for this deployment! I also have a list which I am sure which will change with either me adding stuff or deleting stuff but just the idea of a goal list makes me feel confident. So here it goes...

1. Lose some weight (I don't want to put a number because I might just dissapoint myself but I figure it can't hurt to lose just a little at the least)

2. Read more books (Again, not putting a number but even one book is awesome)

3. Be more active in clubs and groups (I have pondered doing a Biggest Loser contest with some other wives and a book club)

4. Work on my yard (We recently purchased a home which we don't plan on living at forever so we need to spruce up the yard and I'm sure my trusty friend here will have some awesome tips because I'm lucky to keep my pets alive)

5. Last but not least is cooking! My husband hates sea food so bad and I love it so I want to learn how to make some awesome sea food even if it's just for me.


While I'm so anxious and scared about the deployment I know it will be a roller coaster of emotions and at the end I can proudly put on "I survived deployment of 2010"

0 comments: