Thursday, May 13, 2010

BBC "House Rules" Week 2

Week 2 Prompt: In the book Theo talks about how he's scared to have kids and doesn't ever want to have any. Do you feel his feeling are valid?

As always, what are your feelings about the book this week?

I do think they are valid and I think as he gets older he will see that having kids doesn't have to be that way. Even if his children grow up with the challenges like Jacob everything can still be ok. Other feelings on the book are the Police Officer is getting on my last nerve. He has no compassion or empathy for Jacob. While I don't believe in giving Jacob more benefits than others I do believe in showing some compassion for the fact he does have some challenges. He seems like he could careless he has autism.

I am loving the book and finishing the reading alot quicker than I usually do. If your interested in joining the online book club go visit Kim's blog and check it out.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I don't get this cop either!! He seemed so nice in the beginning and now he's mean and manipulating!

Jen said...

I dislike the officer as well. I had high hopes at the beginning that he may be a good guy, not so much anymore. He's very insensitive.