Saturday, May 1, 2010

Salmon





As promised too long ago I am posting my salmon cooking experience! I did have a recipe but I didn't do it I just did something simple and pan fried it in butter and put some salmon seasoning on it from Walmart. Nothing too special. Here are the pics of my fun with seafood!

This was the first shot of the filets in butter with the seasoning on top. The filets were pretty small and thin.

Alright, so the salmon might not look as good as the first pic minus the fact it was raw. However, It says when it starts flaking off it is done. Here is my first funny story with cooking seafood. I kept insterting the meat thermometer to see if it was done. It is done when it gets to 145 degrees and it kept saying 78 and I was growing impatient since they are small I couldn't understand why it was taking like a half hour to cook! Anyways I call my hero my grandma and reminds me it is done when it is flaking so I go ahead and take it off the stove and take my chances and eat it. AMAZING! I loved it!

I ate it with some pasta and couldn't have loved it more. The funny part is...when I started doing dishes I was cleaning the meat thermometer and saw it was on celcius! It was done for like 15 minutes. But I had a good time and it didn't stink up my kitchen like fish and it was easy!

0 comments: