Did the title of the book "House Rules" clue you in to the solution of the murder? Why were the house rules so important to Jacob? I had no idea at all which I think makes the book that much better for me. I think these rules were more important to Jacob because Emma was his mom and he did have some sort of emotional attachment to her rather than the law.
Did you guess what happened at Jess's house before the end of the book? I had some ideas and the ending was one of them...my only question is that there were strangle marks around her neck so where did they come from? Did I miss something in the book?
Was it believable that Jacob would try to cover for Theo without understanding he was implicating himself in the murder? I find it hard to believe because with all the crime shows he watched and forensics he loved he would have to have a thought process in order to put the scene together for them to follow why not think he could be implicated?
What do you think happened to the characters after they went to tell the judge about Theo being at the house? Were you upset that there wasn't more of a conclusion to the story? I think there was a mistrial since the Judge was starting to get irritated with Jacob and his "outbursts" there was too much confusion and everything needed to be redone
Do you think an insanity defense is appropriate for Aspergers? Why or Why not? This is a tricky questions because I'm not quite sure. I think that people win the insanity plea with a lot less reason then they should but it doesn't make it right. However, I would understand their thought process.
Do you know anyone with Asperger's syndrom? Did the description of Jacob fit what you know of that person? I don't know anyone with autism I don't think. However, I think this book helps better prepare me for when I am with autistic children. I wouldn't necesarrily think they were crazy or anything just that they have different challenges.
Did you learn anything new about Asperger's syndrome? It was all new for me. Never heard of this type of autism before the book.
What did you think of Oliver's romance with Jacob's mother? I love it. I am glad that Henry came back in the picture and he was the picture perfect father and all but I think that is all Henry could be at this point with as long as he abandoned his family. Maybe it is just because of my past but a late father is better than no father especially when Theo was feeling neglected.
If you would like to start on the next book with us go over to Kim's blog and get started!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
House Rules final week!
Posted by Casey Stine at 6/06/2010 05:54:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
The strangle marks were from the boyfriend, he admited to it when he was on the stand. It made it seem like he was more involved in it then he really was. The marks were from a fight they had before.
Post a Comment