Friday, December 31, 2010

BBC: The Hunger Games Week 2

1. What do you think about Katniss getting an 11? Did they give her an 11 for her talent or simply to make her a target and teach her a lesson? I think they gave her the 11 to make her a better target. She told the gamemakers how much better she is with that arrow so they are returning the favor in a sense.

2. What do you think about Peeta confessing his love for Katniss during his interview!?! Is it real, or just for show? I think it is for real and the confessing on TV thing is a cover so he can finally tell her how he feels without looking dumb (in his eyes)

3. At one point Katniss is trying to think of where the games are going to be. She thinks of a desert, swamp and a frigid wasteland. Where did you imagine it would be before you read it in the books? Do you think they picked the "right" place? I like Kim pictured a forest for some reason and I never read the book she mentioned but I saw a forest so it would be a little easier to hide and maybe even find some water.

4. First thoughts when you found out Peeta was with the career kids? I thought and still think he's doing it to save himself. If you really think about it...it's smart. I want to live so I'm going to team up with the most likely winners and by the end I will have learned their tactics and can kill them much easier.

5. I have a love for Rue from the start, What do you think about her "helping"(read: not killing when she could) Katniss? Should Katniss trust her? In this game a lot of them may have gone in with thinking they wouldn't last five minutes so maybe she might as well help someone on the bottom of the food chain (being from district 12) win for once.

6. "Favorite" part of the book so far? I LOVED when she found out she got the 11. I would like to think the gamemakers found her a good competitor but at the same time I think that is their point...it is rare to get an 11 in the first place but when you give someone such high "compliments" it makes them a good target for the person who finally does kill her gets them even higher honors for taking down someone so good.

I am absolutely loving this book! I was so lost when I first started it but it almost puts me in Katniss's shoes and makes you wonder who is against you and who is really your friends. If you would like to join in on the reading fun go to Kim's blog and check it out and get the book you won't be sorry!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's good reasoning on Peeta's part if he is joining them. I didn't really think it that way cause I couldn't see him being that evil, but you never know I guess!

I'm glad you're getting in to it! I love love love it!!

Jen said...

I saw on IMDB that there is a movie being made but doesn't come out til 2013.

I was also looking at some choices people think for the role and I found this http://www.examiner.com/the-hunger-games-in-national/actress-jodelle-ferland-dresses-as-katniss-from-the-hunger-games-for-halloween... who I completely could see her as! She even dressed like Katniss.

If you don't know what actress she is.. She played Bree Tanner in Eclipse.