Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hunger Games Week 1

1. What do you think of the relationship Katniss has with Gale?

I think it's good they have a relationship but she didn't seem to be present for the Goodbyes before they left for the games.

2. A piece of me wanted Gale to volunteer also, to protect Katniss. How did you feel about the situation? I think Gale might have known her well enough to expect this from her. She knew how protective she was and with that aside the number of tickets in there for her maybe she was expecting it.

3. Why do you think the capitol treats the tributes so well before they go to the games?
I almost want to say they feel bad for what they are doing and want to give the competitors a good last few days before dying.

4. Why are they having Peeta & Katniss show they are untied before the games start? Is it a good idea or a bad one? Maybe to show weakness on their part to the others. To the other district's they look like they would be the first to go a drunk for a mentor, being from a poor district, having them go to the big trainings by themselves.

5. What was the point of Katniss shooting the arrow into the Gamesmakers table?
I have two different theories about this....maybe she wanted to show off her skills or maybe she was just that pissed.

If you would like to join in on the book club go to Kim's blog and read over the rules and get your book. It is a lot of fun and so far the book is amazing.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your theory on why she shot the arrow... she was just pissed! Haha... when I read that it made me smile!

Unknown said...

I totally think she was just pissed! She's about to die and they don't care...I'd be pretty upset!