Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipe-Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls

So this one should taste good even with a few mistakes in it so maybe it will help my confidence a little from the last one. I got this recipe out of a "Taste of Home" magazine given to me by a friend and so I went on a hunt for the ingredients. Here it is...

4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup prepared pesto
1 egg
2 tsp water
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
8 tsp butter, melted, divided

Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. Combine cheese and pesto; spread over chicken. Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.

In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 and discard toothpicks.

The recipe insists on putting this with fettuccine which is a perfect option but you can do what you want with it. I'm also breaking all the culinary rules I think and using a package of pesto mix for now. I will eventually make the real deal pesto but for this one just using a mix works better for me.

Prep 20 min Bake 35 min.
4 Servings
Meal cost: $17.00 (if you use the pasta) $15.00 just for the entree

I will post my experience Saturday night.

0 comments: