So this wasn't my best work but by far not my worst either. My display of it was horrible though so don't judge too much on it's looks haha.
I started by melting butter and mincing some onions. I used sweet onion because I already dislike onions so chose a better onion.
Add the spinach. I always forget how small the spinach can get after being sauteed so one change needs to be more spinach next time.I added nutmeg which was a little too much for my taste so that is another change however, maybe if I added more spinach the nutmeg wouldn't have been too much. I kept that going for awhile until most the liquid was gone and let it cool. While it was cooling a little I got started on my puff pastry by cutting it.
Delicacy is much needed when working with dough. Then filled it with about a spoonful of the mixture in the pan and topped it with a slice of feta cheese. I wrapped it in such a pretty way ha and covered it in beaten egg mixture and layed it on a baking sheet.
Which one is the prettiest followers?
I then baked them for fifteen minutes in a 400 degree oven.The inside of one. The recipe in the book insists I put these puffs next to a salad however, I rebelled and put it next to pasta.
If anyone else tried this recipe let me know how it came out for you. I will try to put my next recipe up soon so you can try it with me. This recipe was good for my first and I enjoyed eating it.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Spinach and Feta Cheese Puffs Result
Posted by Casey Stine at 1/01/2011 07:40:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment