Sunday, August 3, 2008

“It takes a couple seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye.”

I get asked by a lot of people the same question...Are you ready for him to leave?

God no, I will never be ready for him to leave...It just happens...and it sux...I can have all the paperwork done and goals set but I will never truly be ready to say bye. Our relationship was mainly long distance in the first place and it sucked when I had to say bye all the times before...but this is different...this is real...this is a long goodbye...He's my heart and soul I swear...Deployments are and will be the hardest thing in my life. So many people say "I don't know how military wives deal with deployment" niether do I. I just do it...I will take each day as it comes and enjoy it to the best of my sanity. I am so thankfull to all my friends (Oklahoma and Connecticut) because they will help me. But I will take a friends advice and make a list of goals I want to achieve while he's deployed...

  1. Do well in college.
  2. Start a hobby
  3. Keep a diet and excercise
  4. Grow more independant
  5. Grow as a wife but keep an inner kid
  6. Decorate my house
  7. Learn to cook more and better food
  8. Save money
  9. Make more friends
  10. Help people

I have all the paperwork done(or so I might think) so am I ready for him to leave...the answer is No, I will never be ready for him to leave...I just do it.

0 comments: